Sunday 16 February 2014

WEEK 7 - 16 feb...Make an embellishment using a PAB stencil

Happy Sunday everyone!

It's a really busy weekend here at Pan Pastels UK. Today sees the opening of the UK's only Art & Craft trade show at the NEC and Premium Craft Brands will be exhibiting all the yummy products at the fair to the retailers. We have some really great new products coming your way which are being unveiled at the show and we can't wait until we show you in the coming days and weeks! Nikky is at the fair with Premium Crafts and will be demonstrating on the stand so if you are around make sure you head on over - we've seen the samples the DT have made and they are amazing!

Here's just a couple of sneak peeks of our fave projects you might see....


What an exciting time! Before we check out our DT's projects for the new challenge, its time to announce the winners from Challenge 5, so without any further ado our lucky winner (as chosen by Random.org) is .........................


Well done Yvonne, congratulations hun please email us to claim your fabby Premium Art Brands goodies!!

Wowser we had so many gorgeous entries you talented crafters gave us a bit of a headache trying to choose our top 3 but it had to be done and congratulations go to 

So let's get onto this week's challenge!

Anything goes/make an embellishment with a stencil

Claire C I've used the Birds and Leaves stencil to make embellies for this little mdf heart. Its an A4 stencil but I love the little birdies and it seems a shame only to use it on large projects so I had a play and spread some Maimeri Light Modelling Paste through the stencil directly on to my nonstick craft sheet. I left it to dry and then simply peeled the birds and leaves off and coloured them with PanPastels. I used Maimeri Matte Gel Medium to pop the embellies on my project


Nikky...I cheated a little bit. I made a tag which IS my embellishment for a much bigger project I'm working on, so that counts, right? Well I think so!
This has no less than 4 brand new products on it which we are launching this weekend so I'm not sure if I can tell you what they are yet! I will reveal details on my blog later in the week! I've used a stencil, Maimeri Glassy Gel, a stamp, Pan Pastels in Phthalo Green and Silver Metallic together with some Iron Oxide Red to add shade.

Terry I have altered a heartshaped box and used just like Nikky 4 brand new products on it so I am not gonna tell ya either.....what I worked with are Gesso, Light Modelling Paste , Maimeri Iridescent Paste and lots and lots of Metallic Gold PanPastels and I love them. I made an embellishment out of a stencil and made it into a flower, a double flower with a huge button on top which was worked on with Acrylic Metallic Paints and lace




Tracy - Hi everyone, I am so excited to be sharing a little mixed media on wood with you today.

Do you like my bright coloured lollipop flowers?

I sure hope so! The heart and two centres on each one has been created using PCB Hearts In A Circle Mask Stencil. Be sure to hop on by my blog to see more here.

Lou: I have made a flower using a labels die (do not have any flower dies). Using a stencil (12"x12" dots with edges) and gesso I created a pattern on top of some gaudy, glittered yellow mulberry paper using just the edges of the stencil. To mute the colour a little further, I used Hansa Yellow Tint pan pastel. I have used this too on the edges of my papers and other diecuts.




*************************************************
You have until Tuesday 25th February  to enter the challenge so you have LOADS of time and the winner will win a super stash of Premium Crafts goodies including Pan Pastels, Mediums, Masks and who knows what else! The winner will be announced on Sunday 2nd March.

We don't really do loads of rules here but we do have a couple so please take note:
1. No back links
2. Only 2 entries to make it fair for everyone

3. We'd love you to TRY and play along with the challenge if you can although it's not a hard and fast rule but extra brownie points are awarded to those who do. 
4. The main prize can only be posted to a UK address.
And remember - our Top 3 is eligible for the running to be offered a place as a forthcoming Guest designer too!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Ladies you've excelled yourselves here, every single one is fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, love the heart done by claire c, first time on your challenge, fingers crossed, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice range of approaches from the DT for a challenging challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the craft..It is really cool. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!